Farm to Table Flowers
In 2002, Organic Bouquet became one of the first online florists to focus on eco-friendly and organic floral gifts. At the time, the concept of Farm to Table Flowers had not yet emerged. Back then, simply purchasing a blooming bouquet of organically grown roses was a novel idea. Fast forward to the present day, where a number of start-up companies operate with a farm-to-vase approach.
Farm to Table Flowers – Who Are the Major Players?
First of all, let’s talk about The Bouqs. John Tabis started the business in 2013. He spotted an opportunity to deliver flowers direct from the grower. Because he eliminated the middle man, flowers can be cut early to ensure they arrive at the peak of freshness. In addition, customers can completely customize their purchase.
Another major player is Farmgirl Flowers. Because they promise to source flowers ethically and honestly, they support farms who pay living wages and avoid harmful chemicals. Finally, we have Bloom That and Urban Stems.
All of these outfits serve their customers with a similar philosophy:
- Craft the arrangements with seasonally available stems
- Limit the selection (to make it easier for the consumer to make a choice)
- Offer Same-day delivery (in select markets)
Farm to Table Flowers + Delivery: Who Has Free Shipping?
- The Bouqs (free weekday delivery)
- Urban Stems (free delivery in New York City, Washington DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Austin)
Farm to Table Flowers with Local Same Day Delivery
- The Bouqs (enter the recipient’s zip code to see if any deliveries can be made today)
- Farmgirl Flowers: San Francisco, South SF, Daly City, Colma, San Bruno and Brisbane
- Bloom That: San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles and New York (Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn)
- Urban Stems: New York City (most of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and parts of Long Island), the Washington, DC Metro Area (most areas within the Beltway), Baltimore, Philadelphia and Austin
Farm to Table Flowers with a Focus on American Grown
If you want to support U.S. farmers, Farmgirl Flowers is the place to shop. They focus on supporting as many American farmers as possible by using locally-grown flowers.
Leave a Reply